Understanding the competitive challenges faced by technology companies requires experience. Cobalt Lawyers have in-depth legal and industry experience, which enables us to provide effective, strategic solutions that are tailored to our clients’ needs.
Technology law issues are fast-evolving and do not occur in a vacuum. Cobalt understands this and collaborates with its clients to provide strategic, effective and timely solutions on a broad spectrum of complex technology-related matters and transactions.
Our experience includes:
- Advising on issues arising out of development, design and manufacturing arrangements including licensing agreements, consulting agreements, hosting agreements, support and maintenance agreements, procurement agreements; and outsourcing agreements;
- Advising technology companies on consumer compliance, privacy compliance and anti-spam compliance issues;
- Filing Canadian and United States trademark applications, and drafting response letters to trademark office action letters. Advising and drafting of agreements to protect or exploit intellectual property rights including patents, trademarks, copyright, know-hows, and trade secrets;
- Advising on litigation matters including patent and trade-mark infringement and validity, software/licence disputes, copyright and industrial design disputes, passing-off, trade secrets, departing employee disputes and related injunctions, and financing issues and disputes;
- Advising on privacy and data protection laws for data that has originated from inside or out of Ontario or Canada, including website privacy policies, the use of employee information and the development of privacy law-compliant practices and programs;
- Advising on corporate finance-related matters (venture capital or otherwise), and the acquisition or disposal of assets or the transfer of technology in a merger, acquisition or divestiture; and
- Patent applications
In addition to providing traditional corporate and commercial law services, Cobalt Lawyers prides itself on contributing its legal services to the Ontario startup community. Our entrepreneurial lawyers are active in the startup community and can be found at a number of events.
Cobalt Lawyers also provides its corporate clients with a broad range of services often requested by early and growth stage businesses, such as:
- Company and business formation;
- Company administration and governance, and ongoing regulatory compliance;
- General employment matters;
- Corporate secretarial matters including the drafting and preparation of minute books and shareholder and director resolutions, maintenance of company registers and annual meeting documentation; and
- Preparation of investor documentation
Our entrepreneurial lawyers understand the cost concerns of early-stage businesses, so we offer reasonable startup rates for early-stage businesses. Please direct any questions or inquiries of these rates at firstname.lastname@example.org.